If you are planning your next Costa Rica vacations, you cannot forget to include at least one zip line canopy tour. Of course, Costour can help you make the best choice in this regard and make sure the activity you select will fit your needs and level of expectation.
Composed of steel cables and platforms strung at various heights between trees, they will offer you a unique means of accessing gorgeous natural areas.
And while they undoubtedly boost your adrenalin, zip lines also will educate you about animals such as monkeys and different bird species we find in Costa Rica.
Before You Go
- Only bring cameras with Strap Ons such as Go Pros. This will allow you to focus on controlling yourself on the cables such as braking techniques. Many Canopy Tours now offer a photo and video service at reasonable prices. They are now often not expensive and worth considering.
- Although some Canopy Tours accept that you can bring a bag that is secured to you – try to prevent bringing it if you can. Leave precious belongings in a secure place and plan accordingly.
- Keep keys and other small, sharp or pointy objects out of your pockets and store them in your bag because the harness can squeeze them against your legs.
- Wearing pants isn’t necessary, but can help prevent some friction against bare skin from the harness.
- Bring a hair tie if you have long hair.
- Wear comfortable shoes that won’t fall off while riding; don’t wear flip flops.
- Bring insect repellent in order to avoid annoying mosquito bites.
- Make sure young children are accompanied by adults.
Riding the Cables
- Don’t ever put your hand in front of the pulley while moving on the zip line.
- Cross your legs and pull up your knees while riding the zip line for balance and control.
- Know the guide’s hand braking signals, they often vary from tour to tour.
- Pull down on the cable to brake and don’t squeeze it (with the braking glove).
- Brake earlier when it’s raining as the lines can get slick.
- Keep your head to the side of the cable so your helmet isn’t rubbing it as you run the zip line.
Please contact us at Costour if you wish any more information or advises on planning your Canopy Tour or Ziplining Adventures in Costa Rica: email@example.com